Yurasov Igor' Alekseevich, Doctor of sociological sciences, associate professor, professor, sub-department
of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia); director of the Center of applied research, Institute of Regional Development of Penza Region (40 Popova street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Kosharnyy Valeriy Pavlovich, Doctor of philosophy, head fo sub-department of philosophy, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Seidov Shakh Gadzhialievich, Doctor of political sciences, professor, sub-department of state-legal disciplines, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. One of the most important problems of the modern society is the social structure deformation. Social shifts in conditions of the marginal situation of “the transition period” create marginal, transition statuses (positions) that become determining factors of the marginal condition, consciousness and behavior of individuals and groups undergoing thereof. At the present moment it is the homeless and unemployed people who take such a position in the society that, in turn, leads to degradation of the personality. At the present time there is no precise and reliable statistics on a number of homeless people as due to their lifestyle specifics this category of people is hard to record and register. The present problem, undoubtedly, is a topical one as the homeless and unemployed people appear to be an certain social group. This group is potentially conductive to crime and socially dangerous. The aim of the work is to reveal the social image of homeless people.
Materials and methods. The research included the mass, expert polls, depth interviews, analysis of statistical data on the social category of homeless people.
Results. The research revealed mean features of homeless people, replenishment sources of the present group, forms and methods of self-organization.
Conclusions. The research revealed the specifics of recruitment of new members of this social group with elderly people, remarried without proper juridical registration. The main reason of citizens’ entering the present group is alcoholism and family problems caused by it.
1. Ermilova A. V. Litsa bez opredelennogo mesta zhitel'stva kak marginal'naya gruppa sovremennogo rossiyskogo obshchestva: avtoref. dis. kand. sotsiol. nauk [Homeless people as a marginal group of the modern Russian society: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of sociological sciences]. Nizhny Novgorod, 2003, 23 p.
2. Rep'ev A. G. Vestnik Voronezhskogo instituta MVD Rossii [Bulletin of Voronezh institute of the Russian Interior Ministry]. 2012, no. 3, pp. 70–74.
3. Feofanov K. I. Obshchestvennye nauki za rubezhom. Seriya 11. Sotsiologiya [Social sciences abroad. Series 11. Sociology]. 1992, no. 2, pp. 79–89.
4. Shyuts A. Smyslovaya struktura povsednevnogo mira [Semantic structure of the everyday world]. Moscow: FOM, 2003, pp. 191–222.
5. Ban'kovskaya S. P. Cravnitel'nyy analiz natsional'nykh sotsiologicheskikh shkol v ikh otnoshenii k natsional'nym kul'turam [Comparative analysis of national sociological research groups in their attitude to national cultures]. Moscow, 2007, pp. 12–25.
6. Merton P. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 1992, no. 3, pp. 105–110.
7. Shapinskiy V. Tsennosti kul'tury i sovremennaya epokha [Culture values and modern times]. Moscow, 1990, pp. 6–14.
8. Simmel G. Conflict and the Web of group affiliations. Glencoe: Free Press, 1955.
9. Park R. E. American J. of Sociology. 1928, vol. 33 (May), pp. 881–893.